The following content displays a map of the jobs location - merryhill
Job Reference subwayipc/TP/848/7737
With over 44,000 stores, the Subway® brand is the largest sandwich chain in the world. Due to continued growth across the UK our Franchisees are looking to recruit motivated and driven team members to join the Subway® brand.
The Shift Leader supervises daily operations to ensure that food safety, product preparation, and cleanliness standards are maintained. Schedules and supervises staff. Maintains the restaurant standard in both safety and security.
Exceptional customer service is a major component of this position.
- Performing all tasks and responsibilities of a Sandwich Artist™ as outlined in Sandwich Artist™ job description
- Managing a team between 4 to 20. Assigns, oversees and evaluates work. Recommends promotion, transfer, or termination of employees. May conduct written and verbal staff evaluations
- Coordinating and supervising the staff so that standards of cleanliness are maintained as outlined in the Operations Manual and store paperwork
- Maintaining a professional appearance and presentation standards as outlined in the Operations Manual
- Coaching newer or less experienced Sandwich Artists™ in their tasks and responsibilities using the Sandwich Artist™ Training book
- Performing paperwork duties as assigned
- Assisting in the planning of special events and marketing activities
- Opening and closing a store to a high standard
- Accepting and handling store deliveries
- Maintaining a professional manner when handling complaints at a store level
- Performing weekly inventory and reporting figures to management
- Adhering to company banking policy and procedures
- In absence of the Supervisor and Manager to be responsible for the store’s food, drink and produce ordering
- Accurate logging of food orders in the stores pos system
- Conducting fire training with team members
- Complying with the health and safety regulations (Testing Fire alarms, Fire extinguishers and emergency lighting)
The Ideal Candidate
- Working within a QSR operations environment
- Previous supervisory experience
- Excellent communication skills: especially verbal
- Ability to manage all levels of employees
- Computer knowledge is desirable
Must be able to work any area of the restaurant when needed and to operate a computerised Point of Sale system/cash register. Position requires bending, standing, and walking the entire workday. Must have the ability to lift 10 pounds frequently and up to 30 pounds occasionally.
Secondary school or equivalent education (relevant NVQ’s)
About The Company
Please be aware that stores are independent franchises. All applications are sent to the franchise owner or operator.