The following content displays a map of the jobs location - 11 King St Watford
The job has expired.
With over 44,000 stores, the Subway® brand is the largest sandwich chain in the world. Due to continued growth across the UK our Franchisees are looking to recruit motivated and driven team members to join the Subway® brand.
Regional Manager reporting to Head Of Operations
Job Summary & Mission
The Regional Manager has the responsibility of overseeing all store managers in their Region.
The RM’s role is in analysing the business and working with the franchise owner(s) to build the business while representing the Subway® brand in a professional manner.
Developing strong relationships with store management and staff and being available to support them where needed to help achieve their goals will be key to success in this role.
The Regional Manager will oversee store performance in their region under the supervision of the Head of Operations. Analysis of KPI data with a pre-assigned team and region ensuring all performance goals are working towards the set targets and higher.
The Regional Manager oversees the performance of the region to ensure high operation standards are met through monthly evaluations, enforcing superior operational standards and effective communication of Subway® and company vision.
The Regional Manager contributes to the opening of new stores, and conducts training as set out in the Store Opening Plan. The Regional Manager contributes to team goals by identifying opportunities for optimising profitability at the store level and within the organisational structure.
- Scheduling and motivating the management team
- Setting clear targets, in co-ordination with the Head of Operations
- Ensuring personnel meets all requirements of their Job Description
- Working with the Head of Operations to establish specific goals (ie: marketing, sales increases, average ticket, customer counts, profitability, etc)
- Working with the team to achieve budgets and business plans for all stores within their region/company
- Sharing knowledge and best practice to promote the culture, values and mission with integrity
- Continuously identifying compliance issues, without exception and documenting internal store evaluations with attention to detail and accuracy
- Evaluating, customer comments and action plans are read and followed up to ensure the region has the highest customer service standards
- Ensuring high standards of operation in food quality and service, speed of service, hospitality and cleanliness are met
- Implementation of effective marketing campaigns
- Gaining extensive knowledge of the Operations Manual and reporting tools
- Ensuring all store locations in region are regularly visited to ensure company standards are being met
- Recommending and implementing improvements in their regions
- Involvement in the recruiting, interviewing,
- Recognition and reward
- Disciplinary actions undertaken as required
Time Planning & Communication
- Tracking all key indicators for each area
- Identifying both positive and negative trends in key indicators
- Available and contactable for emergencies
- Completing monthly store evaluations for an assigned group of stores
- Daily and weekly meetings and communications with the Head of Operations
- Weekly reporting to the Head of Operations on previous week key successes and issues
- Ensuring that regular 1:1’s, staff meetings, huddles are held
- Tracking sales, compliance and HR related issues
- Completion of specific consistent improvement projects
- Strong personal organisation
- Thorough and accurate completion of monthly restaurant evaluations, including weekly updates of alerts and reports
- Promptly and effectively communicating using voicemail, E mail and the Outlook calendar
- Completing tasks in a timely and effective manner
- Effective and timely communication with stores and the wider team
People and Store Development
- Completing all Subway® on-line training courses and seminars in a timely manner
- Providing on-going assistance and support to managers in all areas of business and the operation of their Subway® stores including, but not limited to; Training Programs, Employee Relations, Customer Service, Throughput, Average Ticket, Advertising & Marketing, Profitability & Controls and the implementation and follow-up of Sales Goals and other objectives that the company may set from time to time
- Attending and participating at all manager meetings
- Maintaining a detailed knowledge of all stores in the opening process
- Challenging and inspiring people to achieve business results by optimising sales and profitability
- Providing a high level of support to stores
- Coaching and guidance achievement of operational goals
- Providing constructive feedback and suggestions to improve performance
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships
- Assisting store teams with the development and implementation of business plans to help grow the business
- Demonstrating skills for the investigation and identification of sales misrepresentation
- Recommending area for improvement; labour scheduling, paperwork accuracy, sales and customer counts
- Assisting in the enforcement of the compliance evaluation standards in accordance with the Subway® Franchisee Agreement
- Mentoring employees
- Planning and coordinate training sessions
The Ideal Candidate
- Knowledge of management practices and procedures
- Knowledge of retail and/or restaurant industry operations
- Proven team building skills
- Strong operational skills in a customer-service environment
- Organisation and planning skills
- Ability to develop, and maintain effective working relationships with partners at all levels of the organisation
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to effectively handle and manage confidential and sensitive information
- To be able to demonstrate what good looks like and be a strong and positive Brand Ambassador
- Demonstrates passion and commitment within the role
- Flexibility and resilience to pace and change
About The Company
Please be aware that stores are independent franchises. All applications are sent to the franchise owner or operator.